Thursday, August 8, 2013

Gluten-free Finds Under 5 Dollars

When I first found out I had Celiac Disease only a few months ago , I was extremely scared on how I was going to eat. I was worried that I was not going to be able to eat anything !! Once i started paying attention to gluten-free labels I noticed that it's
everywhere ! They have a section in Wal Mart , all over Sprouts and Whole foods, practically at any store you can find a gluten-free section. I was really craving chicken fingers because they are my weakness but I didn't know how I was going to make it, until I went to the baking isle and found the Bisquick Gluten-free baking mix (Under$5) ! You don't know how excited I was about this, I made chicken bites the other night and they were delicious! I also made a pizza from this mix. If you want a recipe let me know. If you are the kind of person who doesn't have the time to coat and batter
chicken to make chicken fingers, I also found the Tyson Gluten-free Chicken Fingers in the freezer section at Wal Mart. They only come with 4 Pieces however they are huge! This bag only costs right under $5 bucks! Last thing i found was Hodgson Mill Gluten-free cookie mix , which I haven't tried yet but I am going make some this weekend with Nick! Stay tuned for a recipe for cookies!!(I found all of these at Wal Mart). Keep in mind that if you are doing a Gluten-free diet to lose weight , these options aren't for you. Just because something says "GLUTEN-FREE" Does NOT mean its healthy. Sometimes , it's just as bad as regular food due to all of the starch they have to put in
the food to make it taste like it has gluten. However, if you are really craving something like bread , pizza, cookies, chicken fingers, this is better than eating gluten. I am not a professional, I have just learned things through my experiences , doctors appointments, and research! I hope this has helped you ! I will be doing a more in depth segment later about Gluten, but until then I just wanted to share these goodies I found !

No comments:

Post a Comment