Thursday, August 1, 2013

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Review

I have been wanting this Urban Decay Primer Potion for the longest time, because of all the beauty gurus on YouTube raving about it. I never ended up getting it until my sister and I saw it at Nordstroms Rack. It is in the old packaging so we got it only around $8.00. I was super excited about it ! Then once i got home i used it, and i was a little upset because it didn't really cover any veins and my eye shadow still creased. So I stopped using it. Once I moved I re-discovered it. Even though it doesn't cover my veins , the lasting power is crazy ! Here are a few pictures of swatches.
I used the color Baby, it's cold from the MAC Holiday duo Pallet , the color is very similar
to their permanent Nylon. I first put the primer on and the eyeshadow over it. The Urban Decay Primer Potion really made a nice base for the eyeshadow to show its true pigmentation.



The shadow on the left is over the primer potion, and the right is not. Now I did a couple of things to see how it would stay on. I first ran it under some water and swiped it one time, you can tell in the right picture that the eyeshadow without the primer is already coming off. Then the second thing i did was wash my hands. you can see in this last picture that the eyeshadow on the right had no chance. Over all this is a great product. However I wouldn't buy it for full price as of now. There are other primer bases that work well and are way less expensive; but if you want to splurge then go for this product, because it isn't terrible but i think my money can be spent in different places. If you want me to do a review on any other primers, please let me know !!

No comments:

Post a Comment